Differences Between FederatedX and Federated
The main differences are:
New features in FederatedX
- Transactions (beta feature)
- Supports partitions (alpha feature)
- New class structure which allows developers to write connection classes for other RDBMSs without having to modify base classes for FederatedX
- Actively developed!
- FederatedX is statically compiled into MariaDB by default.
- When you create a table with FederatedX, the connection will be tested. The
CREATE will fail if MariaDB can't connect to the remote host or if the remote table doesn't exist.
Content reproduced on this site is the property of its respective owners, and this content is not reviewed in advance by MariaDB. The views, information and opinions expressed by this content do not necessarily represent those of MariaDB or any other party.